Wrong Battery Usage Stats

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Battery usage stats are stuck at absurdly wrong readings. Have tried soft resets, clearing cache, two system cache partition wipes, uninstalling one or two apps, connecting to charger, force stopping Android OS, and a partridge in a pear tree. All no go. It hasn't got to be a factory reset has it, for one small but annoying glitch?
Despite resets and charging, usage time refuses to update from 19h-odd to zero.

Posted via Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I've just looked and it's at 100% now, and still stuck on the same readout.

Sorry if my earlier post was obnoxious; I just woke from a nap. :)

I can't imagine any reason why the stats did not reset when it hit 100%. Have you (ever) installed any app which might be even remotely related to this issue?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My only thought is that it never reached 100% but is actually at 99.something%.

Plug it in again and wait until - while still plugged in - you can pull down the notification shade and see the battery icon with the word "Charged" under it. Not "Charging" but "Charged". Now unplug and see if the stats have reset.

If it never reaches the "Charged" state then my guess would be that something is running in the background and keeping it from ever reaching a fully charged state.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if my earlier post was obnoxious; I just woke from a nap. :)

I can't imagine any reason why the stats did not reset when it hit 100%. Have you (ever) installed any app which might be even remotely related to this issue?

Your post was fine. I can't think of any rogue apps...I use a battery percentage app plus widget, but uninstalled, no difference.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My only thought is that it never reached 100% but is actually at 99.something%.

Plug it in again and wait until - while still plugged in - you can pull down the notification shade and see the battery icon with the word "Charged" under it. Not "Charging" but "Charged". Now unplug and see if the stats have reset.

If it never reaches the "Charged" state then my guess would be that something is running in the background and keeping it from ever reaching a fully charged state.

Okay, on the lock screen it says Charged. In the battery stat it says 100%-Full. The charger is still connected as I text but the widget animation has stopped (bubbling effect) which means it's no longer charging.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay, on the lock screen it says Charged. In the battery stat it says 100%-Full. The charger is still connected as I text but the widget animation has stopped (bubbling effect) which means it's no longer charging.

Well, I won't insult your intelligence by saying that I'm not sure if stats reset when it reaches "charged" or only upon unplugging from the power source. :)

Other than that, I've got nothing left.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I just pulled the charger connector out and the usage stats have reset. Why they were stuck at those readings for much of today, even while I was using, I don't know...I've never known that to happen. I quite often check battery usage so am familiar with how the app ought to behave.
Thank you both for your help and encouragement!

(I was going to send a screenshot but couldn't get the volume slider graphic to get out of the way.)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I see what you mean, and I agree about the unplugging thing causing the stats to reset....though I would expect them to do so even after a partial charge/unplug. What I still don't understand is a) why the usage stats were so abnormal; b) why they stayed stuck like that without any change during several hours of occasional use; c) why they didn't reset to zero after soft resets; d) why they didn't reset to zero after unplugging, which I did a couple of times during charging and while trying to fix the problem; and e) why you are quite right that resetting to zero would occur at 100%, on unplugging the charger. The latter I don't understand unless it's a change caused by the last system update that I've never been aware of. If it's always been like it, what the hell have I been doing during the last 4 months of ownership?

So you see there's a lot I don't understand but I'm not going to lose sleep over it...in fact it's long gone midnight for me so I'll do a bit of eye-shutting and say thanks once again for your help and moral support.