Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default How can I turn off email notifications on my Galaxy S5

when streaming audio with my galaxy s5 it constantly clicks I think because of notifications. I was able to turn off notifications from Facebook but was not able to do so for email as the button for notification could not be unchecked

Global Posts
    31,339 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: How can I turn off email notifications on my Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    when streaming audio with my galaxy s5 it constantly clicks I think because of notifications. I was able to turn off notifications from Facebook but was not able to do so for email as the button for notification could not be unchecked
    So you don't want to hear anything from notifications while listening to music? If so, you can put the phone on mute, and still listen to your music.

So that's turning off email notifications when listening to music, how can I turn off the actual EMAIL (not gmail) showing up in "Notifications"?
    When I swipe the screen down and it goes to the black screen with Notifications etc.. it lists how many emails I have received, can this be turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I usually just expand the volume menu and lower the volume for notifications to 0 when I am streaming music or video.