Sony Xperia Z2 Woes

Benzema33

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi there guys, I'm new to this forum, so if this has been covered,my apologies.
Ok, so I recently got a Sony Xperia z2 and must say I love the phone, but in the first week of having it, found a recurring problem- If an app crashes or the phone freezes for any reason it wont respond to anything, so I do what I think Im supposed to do and turn it off. But then the phone won't restart unless I do the hard reset via the little red button, then it will all be fine.Sometimes this will happen if I just turn the phone off to restart it. Then another problem, I bought a 64gb micro sd card for all my movies and recordings etc, but when the internal memory gets full and I transfer across to the SD card, It wont let me play any of the files I have transferred, same goes for music, it will just say "cannot play file". All the videos I have recorded on the phone are there but will not play. I tried playing around with the File Commander app, but not getting much luck. Has anyone experienced this? Please help. I've only had the phone for a week and a half, thinking of taking it back to Telstra.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers, Ben

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How new is the phone? If it's pretty new, you might want to consider talking to the store about a replacement, before it gets any later.

Corrupt SD cards can cause various problems, and on these forums, it seems that cards >32 GB seem more susceptible to problems. Try unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage), removing it, then rebooting. You could also insert the card into a Windows computer and run chkdsk to see if there are any bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

As for being unable to play videos--which video player app are you using? Try MX Player, which is pretty reliable.

Benzema33

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, thanks for the reply. I got the phone about a week and a half old, I am thinking of returning it.
I was suspecting the sd card, So I will have a look at that today, I will also try that MX player, I use the nmormal video player and VLC media player, which usually plays anything.

Thanks for the advice, will try the sd card thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87