Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Default Why is Android web video playback so bad and how can I improve it?

Whenever I try to watch a video in a web browser on my Nexus 7, I always have problems. Sometimes the video doesn't play, sometimes it's very choppy, sometimes the playback controls (which are awful by the way) are placed randomly on the screen, and sometimes videos won't go full screen. I thought that maybe Chrome was the problem, but Dolphin Browser is just as bad, only with slightly better controls. Is there a anything I can do to improve this? iOS users I know don't have problems with this, so why does Android?

Default Re: Why is Android web video playback so bad and how can I improve it?

I sometimes run into choppy video, but only on occasional sites, which leads me to believe it's an issue with that site's server, rather than the device. But I know what you mean about the odd media control buttons--you could send feedback to Google about that by opening Chrome, tapping Menu, and tapping Help & Feedback.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

Global Posts
    4,680 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

Default Re: Why is Android web video playback so bad and how can I improve it?

Hello!

Try opening the video in BS Player or MX Player on the play store! Sometimes you can choose to play with an external player.

I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.