Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Samsung Galaxy Y wont turn on. URGENT

Everything was working fine until one day when I removed the battery of my phone while it was on (by accident) as I was cleaning the back case (after taking it off the phone). I then pressed the power button to turn it on....and it went through the usual 'samsung galaxy young' --> blue swirly opening to the 'samsung' logo..then when it SHOULD have simply turned on as usual..it just started that cycle again from the swirly opening..and has been repeating those same two stages over and over and not getting anywhere..WHAT DO I DO?! I've tried using recovery mode to reboot it..but it again goes back to the start up cycle...I would be very hesitant to do a factory reset because all of my important contacts are on the phone..as it is actually a TEMPORARY REBOUND until I can fix my Samsung Galaxy Ace which has the same restarting issue, but it just freezes on the recovery menu after you make a selection. I can't get a phone update with my contract until October and I have only been using the Galaxy Ace for a year and a half... WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT (EITHER PHONE OR BOTH)?? and is there anything I can do WITHOUT downloading a zip file or something of the like onto a computer to then put onto the phone?

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Y wont turn on. URGENT

Welcome to Android Central! If you have a microSD card inserted, try removing it. Pull the battery, remove the card, reinsert the battery, and power back on. It's possible that when your first removed the battery, the phone might have been in the middle of writing something to the card. The sudden shutdown might have corrupted the card, which could then cause problems when trying to reboot.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! If you have a microSD card inserted, try removing it. Pull the battery, remove the card, reinsert the battery, and power back on. It's possible that when your first removed the battery, the phone might have been in the middle of writing something to the card. The sudden shutdown might have corrupted the card, which could then cause problems when trying to reboot.
    I tried that and it didn't work Anything else I could try?

Try booting into Recovery Mode by following the steps in this video:

If you're able to get to the menu, select Wipe Cache Partition, then Reboot System Now. Don't select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Everything was working fine until one day when I removed the battery of my phone while it was on (by accident) as I was cleaning the back case (after taking it off the phone). I then pressed the power button to turn it on....and it went through the usual 'samsung galaxy young' --> blue swirly opening to the 'samsung' logo..then when it SHOULD have simply turned on as usual..it just started that cycle again from the swirly opening..and has been repeating those same two stages over and over and not getting anywhere..WHAT DO I DO?! I've tried using recovery mode to reboot it..but it again goes back to the start up cycle...I would be very hesitant to do a factory reset because all of my important contacts are on the phone..as it is actually a TEMPORARY REBOUND until I can fix my Samsung Galaxy Ace which has the same restarting issue, but it just freezes on the recovery menu after you make a selection. I can't get a phone update with my contract until October and I have only been using the Galaxy Ace for a year and a half... WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT (EITHER PHONE OR BOTH)?? and is there anything I can do WITHOUT downloading a zip file or something of the like onto a computer to then put onto the phone?
    try a new battery

i switched off my mobile yesterday and again when i switched on it was not turning on just showing the samsung galaxy y logo and it recycling i can't able to enter into factory reset. how can i fix this problem please help me

How bout my Samsung Why its just don't open when i try other batteries it worked and also my battery works on the other phone also..