Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Post How can I copy a URL from a laptop and paste it to my Android web browser?

How can I copy a URL from a laptop and open it by a web browser on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

Default Re: How can I copy a URL from a laptop and paste it to my Android web browser?

https://support.google.com/chrome/an..._topic=3422804

[edit to add]

Frankly, I don't bother. For the rare occasion when this comes up for me and a link is too long to simply retype it into my phone, I email myself the link from my PC to my phone.

Also, some carriers used to let you send a text message directly from their website; Sprint used to do this for example ( https://mysprint.sprint.com/mysprint...NAV=ATG:FT:TXT ). So, you could go to the carrier's website, paste the link into a text message and then send it to your phone.

Default Re: How can I copy a URL from a laptop and paste it to my Android web browser?

I highlight the url, copy, and paste it to a doc or note. It works the same in typed form.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I don't want to copy it to email or write it down on paper. Is there an easier way?

I don't know what kind of magic you are going to find...

Your best option is to read through the link I posted above which explains how you can automatically sync Google Chrome browser on your PC with the Chrome browser on your phone. Once you have set up syncing, it is entirely automatic.

That is about as close to magic as you are going to get.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

The easier,the better. It would be great if I can copy the address and directly open it on the phone.

Telepathically?

You could use Chrome to Phone, as long as you're using Chrome as your desktop browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabril Mall View Post
    You can try Web PC Suite. It is an app for wireless transfer between computer and Android devices. There is a widget can help you to do that.

First,download and install Web PC Suite from Google Play( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soft.wps&hl=en ).

Second,connect your Android phone with a laptop by scanning a QR code.

Third,choose Browser tag and key in the web address in the box below. Click the arrow icon, at the same time, the browser on your phone is opened with the link.
    The free version of Airdroid does the same; paste a URL into a box and click the arrow, the browser on the phone will open to that page.

However, either of these solutions requires that you keep a constant connection open between your phone and your desktop or that you first initiate the connection. In that sense, these solutions are not significantly less work then any of the other proposals.

Chrome synching is probably the best choice...

When the link is opened in Chrome on the desktop, open Chrome on the phone and select menu- recent tabs

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3