Authentication Failed constant issue godaddy email outgoing settings??? IMAP Note3

eljefe504

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Last friday i renewed my godaddy email account for business. I have Imap account. Go daddy has changed something on their servers and either dont know or wont say. I have been on the phone twice and chatted one other time with no solution. This error Authentication Failed should mean the server doest recognize the password. MY PASSWORD is correct. Also I use to use port 587 i know this because i have a screen shot of it from a year ago. Now its 80 or 25 or 3535. Ive used ssl with 465 etc... what is going on please help if you can. Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried accessing your account via POP3? It would help confirm that server is recognizing your password (if you can access through POP, you should be able to access though IMAP if supported).

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@elkefe504,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

Have you tried setting the port to 465 with SSL enabled? If you still run into the issue please feel free to follow back up with me via private message and I'll be happy to look into this further.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
@elkefe504,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

Have you tried setting the port to 465 with SSL enabled? If you still run into the issue please feel free to follow back up with me via private message and I'll be happy to look into this further.
He does say he tried that port, but it's great that he can get direct support from someone in GoDaddy. Thanks!

eljefe504

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes i've tried that. I'm not sure what is now cause i installed another email client on the phone and it works fine but the client i'm using doesnt look as clean as the one that comes on the samsung phone but i need full functionality with this email at all times.

eljefe504

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
cant get it to work thru pop but i dont know the godaddy server settings for pop ill have to look them up. I have a imap account so i know those settings like the back of my hand. I can receive mail with the imap incoming settings just outgoing not working via imap

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see that this is dealt in private where we ALL CANT SEE THE ANSWER TO THE SAME PROBLEM WITH GODADDY

@Tyler Gallagher,

I asked @eljefe504 to reach out via private message to help ensure the privacy of their information. Thanks for understanding.

never mind i turned off the privacy setting

@eljefe504,

Thank you. To confirm there was a privacy setting that you have now removed correct? Is the email working on incoming and outgoing now with no further issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae