Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Did i ruin my tablet battery?

I know that using li-on batteries on low is kinda taboo, but i've been using my tablet for like 18 hours straight on a usb charger and on low(below 15% battery) as well. Now i notice a battery drain(or is it in my head) with it draining like 1% every 2-3min on just having the screen on(maybe thats normal as well and never noticed). What i was using those hours was a gba emulator so no serious resourse usage or unreasonable heat(for so many hours of use it was heated, not burning tho since a low end emulator isn;t that demanding). Also no new apps were installed recently, or even updates so it can't be from that and the overnight drain was like 7% in 15hours so i think thats normal as well. Did i ruin the battery or its just me? Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    21,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Did i ruin my tablet battery?

Have you let the battery charge? Is it acting abnormally now?

For the most part, you really shouldn't use a device while it is charging. That typically isn't the best thing to do as it can add extra heat.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Did i ruin my tablet battery?

When that happened it was charged at 88% already and then dropped at a 2-3min/1% rate without even opening apps. So i let it reach a 100% charge(and then some) and the abnormal battery drain stopped, now it takes a reasonable time of use to even drop that 1% with app use, it got me scared there, guess i should value the battery more, whats a tablet without its mobility. Thanks anyways!