Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Did i ruin my tablet battery?

I know that using li-on batteries on low is kinda taboo, but i've been using my tablet for like 18 hours straight on a usb charger and on low(below 15% battery) as well. Now i notice a battery drain(or is it in my head) with it draining like 1% every 2-3min on just having the screen on(maybe thats normal as well and never noticed). What i was using those hours was a gba emulator so no serious resourse usage or unreasonable heat(for so many hours of use it was heated, not burning tho since a low end emulator isn;t that demanding). Also no new apps were installed recently, or even updates so it can't be from that and the overnight drain was like 7% in 15hours so i think thats normal as well. Did i ruin the battery or its just me? Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    25,380 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Did i ruin my tablet battery?

Have you let the battery charge? Is it acting abnormally now?

For the most part, you really shouldn't use a device while it is charging. That typically isn't the best thing to do as it can add extra heat.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Default Re: Did i ruin my tablet battery?

When that happened it was charged at 88% already and then dropped at a 2-3min/1% rate without even opening apps. So i let it reach a 100% charge(and then some) and the abnormal battery drain stopped, now it takes a reasonable time of use to even drop that 1% with app use, it got me scared there, guess i should value the battery more, whats a tablet without its mobility. Thanks anyways!