Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Songs (mp3s) not showing up on android after transferring them from pc to sd card located in phone?

I have a samsung galaxy s2 for straighttalk and just recently bought a 60gb sdhc card for my phone so that I can add all of my songs to it and save myself from using an ipod. I did it and waited for a very long time for all the songs to transfer because I have like 7000 songs and then when I tried to located the songs, alot of them were nowhere to be found. I like to just ask my assistant (the app) to play a song and it plays it so quick and fast but this wasnt the case. I dont see what I am doing wrong. I hate using an ipod when I am driving because I have to search for the songs, I would love it if I could just speak into the phone for the song I wanted to hear. Can SOmeone please help me and let me know what I doing wrong. I hope I am not the only one having this problem.

Default Re: Songs (mp3s) not showing up on android after transferring them from pc to sd card located in pho

1) What app are you using to play the songs?

2) Are you certain all the songs are in MP3 format?

Default Re: Songs (mp3s) not showing up on android after transferring them from pc to sd card located in pho

the app I am using to play the songs is Apollo. and I am certain all the songs are in mp3 format, some could be mp4 but 95% are mp3 and they are not showing up

Okay, not familiar with Apollo but many music player apps (such as PowerAmp) have a function within the Settings area to Rescan the music folders.