I formatted my phone (moto g) & now can only get to CWM

Stuart Carden

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

First of all, I have searched the forum for a good hour and nothing seems to answer this. As the title said, there is now nothing on my phone's memory except clockworkmod recovery. All my phone can do is get the recovery or sit at the screen that tells me the bootloader is unlocked.

A bigger issue is that my PC won't recognise the phone's memory, so I can't use recovery to flash a new OS. Is there anything I can do, or is it terminal?

Thanks in advance for any help you have.
Stu

p.s. I have no idea why the forum stared out the word i.d.i.o.t.? I assure you, it was nothing more offensive :)

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
(I'm afraid I can't help you but I had the same problem with that word, and like you had to explain afterwards. .)

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
(Not twenty minutes ago I had the same problem But I hope you get advice about your main problem!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
re: I formatted my phone (moto g) & now can only get to CWM

I know. I felt rather judged by the word police. Glad I'm not the only one
Sorry guys I agree sometimes the language filters can be a bit overwhelming but its done for good reason and probably because we have had repeated usage in the past of certain words in the wrong fashion so it was best to just have the forum software catch and filter them out.

Thanks for expressing your feelings, I know where your coming from at times even as the Moderator Team Leader.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

No alas I did not. It was only a small change to something that I've done a million times but wasn't paying attention and wiped the whole SD card. The second I did it I knew :(

My knowledge of these things is small but since nobody else seems to be suggesting anything, could you not persuade the device to accept another ROM via the SD card slot?

Stuart Carden

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

My knowledge of these things is small but since nobody else seems to be suggesting anything, could you not persuade the device to accept another ROM via the SD card slot?

Thanks for the help Belodion...I would do that but unfortunately the Moto G is pretty locked down. There's no SD card slot (you can't even take the battery out) - It's ok, I'm coming to terms with the idea that it's probably done for. Luckily I have an old Ipod I can use for app stuff (oops I just said ipod on an android forum) and I'm just going to get a cheap feature phone for calls for now. It was my own fault anyway so it's a good lesson to learn for the future.

Thanks again though :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX