Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chrisbuilds
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default phone by usb to car stereo not being recognized

I've always used my Sony Xperia with mp3s on the SD card as plug & play storage, connected by USB with my car Pioneer sound system. Phone would charge, mp3 files & folders were navigable & playable.

After a factory reset of the phone it is no longer recognized by the sound system and doesn't even charge anymore!

I tried so many things, even formatted the SD card, and some 'patch' apps....

phone model no. ST18a with Android 4.0.4

Thank you for your time!

Default Re: phone by usb to car stereo not being recognized

Hello. When you plug it in, does it come up on the phone as Connected as a media device (MTP)? Do you also use usb for photo transfers (PTP)?

The phone doesn't do anything anymore when connected to the car stereo. It does connect to my computer by USB no problem, to transfer photos & music etc.

I think it needs to be in USB MTP mode (media transfer protocol), instead of PTP mode (photo), but I don't know if there is a setting except when you plug it in.

I hope someone else can take up the baton. - - - - - - - -

When I plug it in to my pc, a usb icon and wording comes on the notification bar. Pull that down and I can switch between MTP and PTP.
    I have a Samsung Note 3.

Right now I'm away from home but when I get back I'll check that out, thanks.

As much as I searched through my 'settings' to find a solution I just couldn't find anything. But yes, once plugged in there it was, hidden away in the 'storage' tab was MTP vs. PTP, and yes that solved the problem! Thank you very much Madd54
    anon8380037 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbuilds View Post
    As much as I searched through my 'settings' to find a solution I just couldn't find anything. But yes, once plugged in there it was, hidden away in the 'storage' tab was MTP vs. PTP, and yes that solved the problem! Thank you very much Madd54
    Glad I could help.
    Welcome to Android Central.