Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    YajuShinki

Default LG G2 Stuck on "No Service"

My phone has been acting up these past few months in which it randomly loses cell signal and won't reconnect no matter where I am. I went into Settings>About Phone>Status , and I saw that the phone number and MIN were both "unknown", while everything else was normal. It's even weirder when I go to the Network menu, because this is what it reads:
    Network: unknown
    Signal strength:0 dBm 99 asu
    Mobile network type: unknown
    Service state: radio off
    Roaming: not roaming
    Mobile network state: disconnected

On the lock screen, instead of " Searching for service ", it just says " No service." Whenever I try to make a call or send a text, I get a dialogue saying to turn off airplane mode first, even though airplane mode is already off. I have already tried restarting my phone, updating PRL and profile, and resetting MIN/MEID through the ##-------# codes after talking to Sprint about it. Nothing seems to be working. Please help!

Default Re: LG G2 Stuck on "No Service"

Have you tried entering Recovery Mode and performing a System Cache Partition wipe?

Posted via Android Central App

I think the problem with the G2 is that there is no way to access a recovery menu unless you're rooted and have installed a custom recovery.

Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More>Mobile Networks>Preferred Network Type, and make sure it's selected appropriately.

Have you asked Sprint for a replacement SIM card?

I don't see any "Preferred network type" menu, but there is a Network mode menu. I have that set to "Global". Also, I haven't asked them for a replacement SIM card yet. Do you think that based on these symptoms, it could be that the phone isn't reading the SIM card correctly?

Can't be sure about the SIM card, sorry. I'm naive about how Sprint works--I'm not sure if the SIM is necessary for voice, or only data (since they use CDMA for voice, which doesn't require a SIM). The SIM might just be for 4G LTE data.

Try changing the network mode to LTE/CDMA.

Tried doing that, but every time I change it instantly switches back to Global.

Also, I just noticed that the PRL version is also listed as unknown.

You're in the US, right? I'm assuming this, since you're on Sprint.

Yes, I'm in continental U.S.

Bring it in to your local Sprint store and show them the problem.

Posted via Android Central App

I just did. They said it was a problem with the CDMA; apparently it's not connected anymore. In order to reconnect it, they would need to perform a hard reset. There's some data on my phone (app information and such) that can't be backed up but that I want to keep, so I really don't want to do a hard reset...

You may be able to back up your data using Helium, which doesn't require root.

I just did a factory reset. It worked fine until I restarted the phone. Now it's at no service again, but the network seems to be on LTE/CDMA this time. I am extremely frustrated right now.

Sorry for my bad english. I just had this problem , when I opened the phone it said .com.shid.af somthing like that stopped and then my mobile network was gone. I mean ı did tried the open it but it didn't whatever ı do. Then I looked the internet and ı just returned the factory settings. Now its fine.