My phone has been acting up these past few months in which it randomly loses cell signal and won't reconnect no matter where I am. I went into Settings>About Phone>Status , and I saw that the phone number and MIN were both "unknown", while everything else was normal. It's even weirder when I go to the Network menu, because this is what it reads:
    Network: unknown
    Signal strength:0 dBm 99 asu
    Mobile network type: unknown
    Service state: radio off
    Roaming: not roaming
    Mobile network state: disconnected

On the lock screen, instead of " Searching for service ", it just says " No service." Whenever I try to make a call or send a text, I get a dialogue saying to turn off airplane mode first, even though airplane mode is already off. I have already tried restarting my phone, updating PRL and profile, and resetting MIN/MEID through the ##-------# codes after talking to Sprint about it. Nothing seems to be working. Please help!
    07-28-2014 03:01 PM
    Have you tried entering Recovery Mode and performing a System Cache Partition wipe?

Posted via Android Central App
    07-28-2014 03:20 PM
    I think the problem with the G2 is that there is no way to access a recovery menu unless you're rooted and have installed a custom recovery.

Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More>Mobile Networks>Preferred Network Type, and make sure it's selected appropriately.

Have you asked Sprint for a replacement SIM card?
    07-28-2014 03:26 PM
    I don't see any "Preferred network type" menu, but there is a Network mode menu. I have that set to "Global". Also, I haven't asked them for a replacement SIM card yet. Do you think that based on these symptoms, it could be that the phone isn't reading the SIM card correctly?
    07-28-2014 03:31 PM
    Can't be sure about the SIM card, sorry. I'm naive about how Sprint works--I'm not sure if the SIM is necessary for voice, or only data (since they use CDMA for voice, which doesn't require a SIM). The SIM might just be for 4G LTE data.

Try changing the network mode to LTE/CDMA.
    07-28-2014 03:39 PM
    Tried doing that, but every time I change it instantly switches back to Global.
    07-28-2014 04:22 PM
    Also, I just noticed that the PRL version is also listed as unknown.
    07-28-2014 04:30 PM
    You're in the US, right? I'm assuming this, since you're on Sprint.
    07-28-2014 04:31 PM
    Yes, I'm in continental U.S.
    07-28-2014 04:45 PM
    Bring it in to your local Sprint store and show them the problem.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-28-2014 07:53 PM
    I just did. They said it was a problem with the CDMA; apparently it's not connected anymore. In order to reconnect it, they would need to perform a hard reset. There's some data on my phone (app information and such) that can't be backed up but that I want to keep, so I really don't want to do a hard reset...
    07-28-2014 08:22 PM
    You may be able to back up your data using Helium, which doesn't require root.
    07-28-2014 09:03 PM
    I just did a factory reset. It worked fine until I restarted the phone. Now it's at no service again, but the network seems to be on LTE/CDMA this time. I am extremely frustrated right now.
    08-01-2014 12:02 PM
    Sorry for my bad english. I just had this problem , when I opened the phone it said .com.shid.af somthing like that stopped and then my mobile network was gone. I mean ı did tried the open it but it didn't whatever ı do. Then I looked the internet and ı just returned the factory settings. Now its fine.
    09-14-2014 05:50 AM
    My phone has been acting up these past few months in which it randomly loses cell signal and won't reconnect no matter where I am. I went into Settings>About Phone>Status , and I saw that the phone number and MIN were both "unknown", while everything else was normal. It's even weirder when I go to the Network menu, because this is what it reads:

On the lock screen, instead of " Searching for service ", it just says " No service." Whenever I try to make a call or send a text, I get a dialogue saying to turn off airplane mode first, even though airplane mode is already off. I have already tried restarting my phone, updating PRL and profile, and resetting MIN/MEID through the ##-------# codes after talking to Sprint about it. Nothing seems to be working. Please help!
    08-14-2015 08:18 PM
    i dont know whatz happening to my lg g2,the service is not comingup atall and i tried going to the setting,i cant even changed the service...what can i do cause this is really bordering my mind,i can receive call,text only what i can do with it is just to watch film and listen to music and i can also chat with WIFI network which doesnt make sense,,,,,,what wat can i do
    09-09-2015 09:24 AM
    When the service is disabled in LG G3 mobile :
    This might be mostly because network mode might have been changed in your mobile.

Observations :
    1. Service disabled in home screen and no network.
    2. Mobile network option in tethering &network -> mobile network is disabled.
    3. Doesn't change even if you use different SIMs

Steps to resolve :
    1.browse for 2G-3G ON OFF in Playstore.
    2.download the app by curvefish
    3.install the app
    4. Now long press on your home screen and select 2G-3G ONOFF widget
    5.In the network mode select "Global" or CDMA for 3G.
    6. That's it !
    just check your network connection. Switch off and on the mobile and check again!
    fahad bawany likes this.
    12-15-2015 12:07 PM
    this just saved m... Thanks (Y)
    01-05-2016 10:02 AM
    i dont know whatz happening to my lg g2,the service is not comingup atall and i tried going to the setting,i cant even changed the service...what can i do cause this is really bordering my mind,i can receive call,text only what i can do with it is just to watch film and listen to music and i can also chat with WIFI network which doesnt make sense,,,,,,what wat can i do
    Observations :
    1. Service disabled in home screen and no network.
    2. Mobile network option in tethering &network -> mobile network is disabled.
    3. Doesn't change even if you use different SIMs

Steps to resolve :
    1.browse for 2G-3G ON OFF in Playstore.
    2.download the app by curvefish
    3.install the app
    4. Now long press on your home screen and select 2G-3G ONOFF widget
    5.In the network mode select "Global" or CDMA for 3G.
    6. That's it !
    just check your network connection. Switch off and on the mobile and check again!
    01-05-2016 10:05 AM

03-07-2016 11:52 PM
    Meri Bhi same problem ha koi mujhy Bhi auc ka solution bata do plzzz
    03-07-2016 11:54 PM