LG G2 Stuck on "No Service"

Y

YajuShinki

My phone has been acting up these past few months in which it randomly loses cell signal and won't reconnect no matter where I am. I went into Settings>About Phone>Status , and I saw that the phone number and MIN were both "unknown", while everything else was normal. It's even weirder when I go to the Network menu, because this is what it reads:
Network: unknown
Signal strength:0 dBm 99 asu
Mobile network type: unknown
Service state: radio off
Roaming: not roaming
Mobile network state: disconnected

On the lock screen, instead of " Searching for service ", it just says " No service." Whenever I try to make a call or send a text, I get a dialogue saying to turn off airplane mode first, even though airplane mode is already off. I have already tried restarting my phone, updating PRL and profile, and resetting MIN/MEID through the ##-------# codes after talking to Sprint about it. Nothing seems to be working. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem with the G2 is that there is no way to access a recovery menu unless you're rooted and have installed a custom recovery.

Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More>Mobile Networks>Preferred Network Type, and make sure it's selected appropriately.

Have you asked Sprint for a replacement SIM card?

YajuShinki

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't see any "Preferred network type" menu, but there is a Network mode menu. I have that set to "Global". Also, I haven't asked them for a replacement SIM card yet. Do you think that based on these symptoms, it could be that the phone isn't reading the SIM card correctly?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can't be sure about the SIM card, sorry. I'm naive about how Sprint works--I'm not sure if the SIM is necessary for voice, or only data (since they use CDMA for voice, which doesn't require a SIM). The SIM might just be for 4G LTE data.

Try changing the network mode to LTE/CDMA.

YajuShinki

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I just did. They said it was a problem with the CDMA; apparently it's not connected anymore. In order to reconnect it, they would need to perform a hard reset. There's some data on my phone (app information and such) that can't be backed up but that I want to keep, so I really don't want to do a hard reset...

Niklauss

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for my bad english. I just had this problem , when I opened the phone it said .com.shid.af somthing like that stopped and then my mobile network was gone. I mean ı did tried the open it but it didn't whatever ı do. Then I looked the internet and ı just returned the factory settings. Now its fine.

jantoria

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
My phone has been acting up these past few months in which it randomly loses cell signal and won't reconnect no matter where I am. I went into Settings>About Phone>Status , and I saw that the phone number and MIN were both "unknown", while everything else was normal. It's even weirder when I go to the Network menu, because this is what it reads:

On the lock screen, instead of " Searching for service ", it just says " No service." Whenever I try to make a call or send a text, I get a dialogue saying to turn off airplane mode first, even though airplane mode is already off. I have already tried restarting my phone, updating PRL and profile, and resetting MIN/MEID through the ##-------# codes after talking to Sprint about it. Nothing seems to be working. Please help!

Samson Dammy

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
i dont know whatz happening to my lg g2,the service is not comingup atall and i tried going to the setting,i cant even changed the service...what can i do cause this is really bordering my mind,i can receive call,text only what i can do with it is just to watch film and listen to music and i can also chat with WIFI network which doesnt make sense,,,,,,what wat can i do

lokesh parthiban

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
When the service is disabled in LG G3 mobile :
This might be mostly because network mode might have been changed in your mobile.

Observations :
1. Service disabled in home screen and no network.
2. Mobile network option in tethering &network -> mobile network is disabled.
3. Doesn't change even if you use different SIMs

Steps to resolve :
1.browse for 2G-3G ON OFF in Playstore.
2.download the app by curvefish
3.install the app
4. Now long press on your home screen and select 2G-3G ONOFF widget
5.In the network mode select "Global" or CDMA for 3G.
6. That's it !
just check your network connection. Switch off and on the mobile and check again!

fahad bawany

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
i dont know whatz happening to my lg g2,the service is not comingup atall and i tried going to the setting,i cant even changed the service...what can i do cause this is really bordering my mind,i can receive call,text only what i can do with it is just to watch film and listen to music and i can also chat with WIFI network which doesnt make sense,,,,,,what wat can i do

Observations :
1. Service disabled in home screen and no network.
2. Mobile network option in tethering &network -> mobile network is disabled.
3. Doesn't change even if you use different SIMs

Steps to resolve :
1.browse for 2G-3G ON OFF in Playstore.
2.download the app by curvefish
3.install the app
4. Now long press on your home screen and select 2G-3G ONOFF widget
5.In the network mode select "Global" or CDMA for 3G.
6. That's it !
just check your network connection. Switch off and on the mobile and check again!

fazzi

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835