Mixing parts - i337 and i9505

A

AC Question

I have an issue with my Galaxy S4 i337 where the SIM card stops being detected. It's extremely frustrating and seemingly unfixable. Dont bother suggesting a solution because I have already tried literally everything, from flashing a new ROM to replacing the SIM tray altogether.
When I ordered the replacement SIM tray, the guy accidentally sent me a part for the Galaxy S4 i9505 instead of the part for my phone, the i337. I eventually got the correct part, but as I previously mentioned it had no effect. I'm wondering if the problem may be i337-specific, like the SIM trays arent built correctly so they allow for too much movement of the SIM card. I did a quick google and I dont see anyone complaining about their i9505 having this issue, so I'm wondering if maybe the i9505 doesnt suffer from it.

So enough back story,
I'm thinking about putting the accidental i9505 SIM tray I received in my i337, as I think the i9505's SIM tray might fix the issue. But it seems dangerous to mix and match parts between two models of phone.

My question: Would it cause any problems if I put the SGH-i9505's SIM tray into my SGH-i337 phone? They seem visually similar and are the same size, however some of the little electrodey-things are in different places or are different sizes.
Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well if your the gambling type then give it a go, but when the repair costs fall in my hands I tend to go with the exact/proper parts to rule out the " unknown " .