Location of the Google books downloads and Kindle books downloads in the Android file system.

A

AC Question

HI
I have downloaded a ( paid) book from Google Store into my Samsung Galaxy tablet. I can read this book with the Play Books application of the the tablet, but I'd like to transfer it to the Kindle App library because the reader is better. Can I do this and how? I suppose that if I can, I have first to convert the Google downloaded book to the Kindle file format, but the problem is to find first the location of the downloaded Google book in the tablet file system tree and then the cache location of the books stored in the Kindle library.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Franco

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would assume it is downloaded to a specific named location/folder on your internal storage or sdcard (if applicable). User downloaded content would not be located in a /system or other locked down area of the device.

Grab a file manager like ES File Explorer and start browsing the internal storage partition.

ittiandro

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your reply
Yours is a logical assumption, however when I search the tablet for the book's name with the MY Files app, I have no results, even though the books are there and I can read them( either with the Play Books App for the Google Store downloads or the Kindle App for the Amazon downloads, depending where the books were downloaded from)
In the file tree of the My Files App, there is a Kindle folder, but when I open it there are a few files identified only with a number sequence, no title. It could be the books in question, but when I try to open these files, I can't because there is a message saying that there is no application to open them. So I am back to square 1: where are the books and where are the FROM/To locations to transfer a book from one library ( The Google Play repository) to the other ( the Amazon Kindle library) so that I can read the Google download with the embedded Kindle reader, with or without conversion...

Thank you for your further suggestions

Ittiandro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance