Darkening of screen and gps

A

AC Question

I have Samsung Galaxy S5. And when I am using all of a sudden screen becomes dark. I am not able to bring back to normal. Please can you help me how I can do that.

Secondly GPS is good. But it behaves funny. It sometimes tells to take the route which is completely opposite then what we have already taken as per the previous information How can I fix this problem.

I would highly appreciate your help. Otherwise I am very happy with the product.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you give us more details about what you're doing when the screen goes dark? Do you have Smart Stay on? If it's on, it will detect if you're looking away from the screen, and put the screen to sleep; but once you look back at the screen, it should wake up again.

Also, make sure there aren't any magnets near the phone. Like most devices, the S5 has a magnetic smartcover sensor (not sure exactly where on this phone--on tablets, they're usually at the left bezel) that turns the screen off if it detects a magnet, and wakes the screen if the magnet is lifted away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC