Will the newest firmware get rid of root capabilities?
AT&T S5 towel rooted
Ok so I know there's a new firmware out right now that improves the fingerprint sensor and improved performance. But what I want to know is IF I update, will towelroot still work?
I heard mixed answers on XDA.....some say you can use supersu survival mode or mobile odin pro....but they are not definite answers and I don't want to risk losing root
- 07-29-2014, 12:31 AM #2
Re: Will the newest firmware get rid of root capabilities?
It mainly depends on the kernel build date. If after June 2 (I think) Towelroot probably won't work.
- By A_Lariv in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 12Last Post: 10-12-2014, 06:55 AM
- By Asmello44 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 22Last Post: 08-07-2014, 04:23 PM
- By streetkilln in forum LG G3Replies: 44Last Post: 08-05-2014, 01:35 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-29-2014, 09:34 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-28-2014, 10:34 PM