Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default music

I have the play music and just music apps on my phone some of the stuff I've bought is in both folders but I still have some in the basic play folder any ideas how to get it all in the music folder it's so much easier to sbeam in that one.

Default Re: music

Welcome to Android Central! It's not exactly clear to me what you're asking. Are you trying to combine music you've bought and downloaded from Google Play Music with other music that you downloaded from elsewhere? You generally can't play downloaded music tracks from Google Play Music on other music apps, because those tracks are in a hidden folder, with a coded filename. In order to save a Google Play Music track on your phone that a 3rd party music app could play, you'd have to download the track on your computer from your Google Music library website, then transfer that MP3 file over to your phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My g3 came with a 2 music apps 1 is Google play the other just says music. When I've downloaded music from the store it all goes into the Google play but only some of it goes in the music app.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm actually surprised any of the downloaded Google Play Music songs show up in the other Music app. Stock Music apps that come with a device (separate from Google Play Music) usually will only play music tracks that you've transferred from your computer or downloaded from other sites (i.e., sites that allow you to download actual mp3 files, rather than only streaming them).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok guess I'll stick with it the way it is then.lol

Posted via Android Central App