Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default "Blank SD Card"

My SD card on my Android phone has stopped working. The phone always displays an icon at the top of the screen which tells me that my "sd card is blank or has unsupported file systems." After I click on this icon the phone suggests that I reformat the card; upon doing this the phone restarts, but the card still does not work.

I have never actually saved anything to the SD card yet, only used internal memory. I haven't dropped my phone, messed with the SD card, or anything like that, so I see no reason it should stop working suddenly.

My Phone is a Droid Razr M, using Android Version 4.4.2.

Thanks.

Default Re: "Blank SD Card"

Welcome to Android Central! Although you've never actively saved anything on the card, various apps have most likely been using it to write temporary data. Depending on how old the card is now, it could still fail, either due to normal wear and tear or due to a defect.

Try removing the SD card and inserting it into your computer (using a fullsize SD adapter). Can the computer read it? If not, can the computer format it? If not, then the card is probably dead.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]