Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    JoshuaTheNoob

Default cant download anything off internet ?

Earlier today, my sister got a new phone and gave me her galaxy s2. I have not setup it, so I can only use it for games and apps, etc. I was downloading pictures and videos earlier and it was working fine, but now it says "starting download..." and I turned on unknown sources and restarted my phone and everything, but I still cant get it to work. Ive tried many things, and ive googled this thousands of times but cant find anything. Please help!

Default Re: cant download anything off internet ?

Welcome to Android Central! So are you having problems with wifi or mobile data (3G/4G)? Problems installing apps? "Unknown sources" is for installing apps from sources besides Google Play, not for downloading pics and videos. Is the phone logged into your Google account, or still your sister's

I download pictures off of blogspot and it doesnt download, even on google images! Help please! And im on my google account

What happens when you long-press the picture? You should get a popup menu with various options, including Save Image.

I did that and it says the same thing but then crashes

What happens when it crashes? Do you get an error message?

Make sure you didn't disable Download Manager at some point. Go to the App Manager, and look for Download Manager. See if it's Disabled or Turned Off. If so, re-enable it.

Another thing to try is to boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Is there another way besides recovery mode? And it says unfortunately explorer has stopped

Any reason why you don't want to wipe the cache partition? It doesn't erase any personal data. There might be some bad system data stored in the cache partition, so wiping it can help various problems that arise.