Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung S3 touch screem problems

As others have experienced, my touch screen also stops working. Step 1: I remove the battery, wait about 10 seconds, and reinstall the battery. I power-up and the touch screen resumes working. The touch screen works for several minutes and then stops working again. I repeat "Step 1" over and over again. I performed the "factory reset" process, but that didn't fix the problem. This problem coincidentally started shortly after an update where a texting notification box started appearing at the top of my home screen. Is there an easy fix or am I looking at replacement? I don't consider replacing the screen an easy fix.

Default Re: Samsung S3 touch screem problems

Not sure what else to suggest since root already did a factory data reset. I would contact the carrier, if you have warranty or extended warranty.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Default Re: Samsung S3 touch screem problems

Have you tried going into safe mode and see if the issue persists? I just want to make sure that no 3rd party app is causing an issue with your screen. This mode should boot only system apps, and it won't let downloaded ones run.

How To Enable And Disable Safe Mode On Samsung Galaxy S3