Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy S3 wont stop downloading

I recently performed the software update and since then my photos are continuously downloading. I am constantly clearing the notifications. Please help!!

Default Re: Galaxy S3 wont stop downloading

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I recently performed the software update and since then my photos are continuously downloading. I am constantly clearing the notifications. Please help!!
    It's probably updating both software and apps. If you were updating only on wifi and left your location it would take longer to update, because it stops until it connects back to wifi. You can change the settings in the play store to stop automatic updates, but I wouldn't change the software update settings while in the middle of an update so you won't mess it up.
    You can stop the software update notifications by going to Settings>More settings> Application Manager> find the column that says All> Scroll down to Software Update> uncheck Show notifications. Regular play store app updates/notifications are under the play store settings. Hope this helps.

Sorry I just read that you were updating photos. If you follow the steps above under Settings, but instead of clicking on Software Update, click on Gallery and uncheck Show notifications that should do it.

Global Posts
    21,584 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Galaxy S3 wont stop downloading

You may want to consider clearing cache in recovery. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here