I have a new project (to me). I want to completely replace the iOS on my iPod Touch with a version of Android.

First off is this possible? If it is please help me.

To confirm I want to completely remove the iOS software and replace it with Android.
    07-29-2014 02:58 PM
    I don't think this is possible.
    07-29-2014 03:11 PM
    From a novelty perspective I can see why this is desirable. From a time investment it's probably more effective to work enough to buy something that already has Android on it and will work as a media player.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
    07-29-2014 03:13 PM
    There is no easy way to do this. Anything is possible, but it would probably cost more than say picking up a $70 Verizon moto g no contract. Also, even when done, it might not operate smoothly either.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-29-2014 03:18 PM
    I don't think this is possible.
    From a novelty perspective I can see why this is desirable. From a time investment it's probably more effective to work enough to buy something that already has Android on it and will work as a media player.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
    There is no easy way to do this. Anything is possible, but it would probably cost more than say picking up a $70 Verizon moto g no contract. Also, even when done, it might not operate smoothly either.

Yeah, I mean, given that Android is open source, theoretically I suppose it *could* be possible, but in reality it really isn't. The problem is the drivers for the hardware (which I can only assume are NOT published) would be pretty much impossible to integrate into the source, so you'd have a hell of time just getting the device to boot.
    07-29-2014 03:23 PM
    Here is my scenario.

At my work we are creating a new ticketing program that prints QR codes instead of tickets for passengers. The iPhones we have suck and we need replacements (two dont connect to wifi at all). I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 that runs the scanning app just fine never has issues.

I guess if turning the iPods into andriods wont work, then who offers a WiFi only device that is running Android? We dont want to go out and buy a phone plan with 5 smartphones when all we need is the WiFi.
    07-29-2014 04:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I think Samsung still makes some Galaxy Players, which are essentially like a Galaxy S type phone without the phone. But those are still a little pricey. As mentioned above, you might consider getting some Moto G's or Moto E's, and only use them as wi-fi devices. I think you can skip the wireless service activation screen. dpham00 might be able to give you more information on that, since I think he got a prepaid Moto G on Verizon, which he only uses on wi-fi.
    07-29-2014 04:22 PM
    Here is my scenario.

At my work we are creating a new ticketing program that prints QR codes instead of tickets for passengers. The iPhones we have suck and we need replacements (two dont connect to wifi at all). I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 that runs the scanning app just fine never has issues.

I guess if turning the iPods into andriods wont work, then who offers a WiFi only device that is running Android? We dont want to go out and buy a phone plan with 5 smartphones when all we need is the WiFi.
    I would recommend the Verizon moto g again. I paid $50 for it when on sale though now I think it is around $70. You can bypass activation and wifi, gps, and Bluetooth work perfectly fine. You can also get tablets, I picked up the lg g pad 8.3 for $100 used, though you can get cheaper. Just make sure to get a quality one.

B. Diddy likes this.
    07-29-2014 05:05 PM