Install Android Update 'Manually'
So my phone is a cheapie from china, I don't know what they did to the android software but there is no option to check for updates in the settings and I'm still running 4.1.
Is there a way I can manually install a newer version (even if it means losing data)?
I've searched for this but all I can find is ways for people to force an update and as I don't have the option to do this. Any help or pointing to threads where this has been answered would be really appreciated.
- 07-29-2014, 10:18 PM #2
Re: Install Android Update 'Manually'
What phone specifically do you have?
Unfortunately, if there is no official update then the only way to get a newer version is to root it and find an updated ROM for your exact model/phone.
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
- By RollingDoor in forum Health and FitnessReplies: 1Last Post: 10-12-2014, 06:52 AM
- By londy_16 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-29-2014, 10:22 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 07-29-2014, 06:05 PM
- By eggdashure in forum Business & Enterprise LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 07-29-2014, 04:54 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-29-2014, 04:13 PM