Galaxy S4 will not turn on or charge, no issue with battery.

A

AC Question

Okay, so yesterday I saw my phone only had 5% battery. I checked it just a minute or so later and it was off. I thought it was strange to have died so soon but I didn't think anything of it. When I got home I plugged it into the charger and noticed it wasn't charging. No charging icon, no red light, nothing. I used two other chargers which I tested with other devices and it still would not charge. I figured it could be my battery, but after trying two other batteries that DID work on a friends S4 I am sure it is not a faulty/dead battery issue. The only thing that my phone does that suggests any form of life is when I take my battery out and put it back in the phone vibrates and the "Samsung Galaxy S4" logo appears. Then nothing. ONCE, I tried the hard reset and it looked as if it was going to. The logo came up with small blue text at the top left. It then went blank and hasn't since even gotten that close to reset.

I'm really unsure what to do. No clue what could have caused this, my phone just died in my car and then this happened. Very frustrated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So I take it you are not able to boot into recovery mode?
How about download mode? (Same button combo but volume down instead of up)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I created an account so I could reply to you.

No, I get nothing with either button combination.

OK. Have you tried removing the battery for an extended time, say 30 minutes before putting it back in?
How charged was the battery when you put it in your friends' phones? Might just be too low for your phone to boot up?

kenny151

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
OK. Have you tried removing the battery for an extended time, say 30 minutes before putting it back in?
How charged was the battery when you put it in your friends' phones? Might just be too low for your phone to boot up?

I have taken my charger out and left the phone alone for a while. Not sure how long, but I am going to try this again. My friends batteries that I tried were showing her 11% and 9%. Not very high, but enough to at least start mine up I would think since they are the exact same phones.