Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry Pantech Element Insufficient Storage

I see this question asked alot, but not with my particulars and it's driving me NUTS.

Keep getting "Insufficient storage" message whenever I'm updating an app or downloading something.

I have NOTHING on my tablet - no pics, no video, no music.
    Just a handful of small apps (freecell, minesweeper - seriously. not alot - 18 total including google play, etc.), and a few audiobooks (2) which are my largest space eaters.

I've moved everything to media storage that it will allow me to, but my app memory is FULL. Won't allow me to update any apps or finish any downloads. All my caches are cleared. I just did a factory reset, but seemed to only make matters worse.

No SD card. I know I could get one, but seriously - this tablet should function FINE with freecell and an audiobook. Plus, I don't think that would solve the limited app storage in the long run.

Any suggestions?!

Default Re: Pantech Element Insufficient Storage

Welcome to Android Central! It'd be helpful to see your Settings>Storage screen, so we can see if your internal storage is partitioned into separate app storage and "internal SD" areas. Older devices do this, and the app storage area can sometimes be pretty small (like 1 GB).

See this article for more info: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings