Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Broke my nexus 4

so heres the full story and please dont click away if you get bored
    i saw a post somewhere about multirom for the nexus 4 that made me think i could dual boot android l (from xda developers) with cm11 from multirom
    i downloaded multirom manager and saw an install thing. i tapped it and it gave me rom options i chose cm11 android 4.4.3 - 4.4.4and hit install.
    it said it worked so i rebooted. it started booting up cm11 with a discolored version of the android l boot up sequence. it froze so i force shut down my phone and booted it up. it booted into multirom thing and i tried stuff and things and found the twrp recovery. btw i am used to clockwork mod recovery. i tried things to either get back to android l or cm11. a little while later i tried an advanced wipe. i checked all 5 boxes in one list and left everything else alone. it failed so i tried it again, unchecking the bottom option. it worked. but then i had wiped the sd card and all. i had no operating system installed. after some more things i tried, i decided to try to boot into the "internal rom" it said that there was no os installed and this has a chance of rendering your phone useless. at this point it was already useless so i did it. and now all my phone does is show the Google logo when you turn it on. it has no other things it can do, no os is installed, no features, not even any recoveries. no multirom no twrp no cwm nothing. just the google logo. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TELL ANDROID PEOPLE YOU KNOW ANYBODY HELP WITH THIS.

long story short, my phone is a black slab that has a google logo on it and the appearance of a nexus 4 (obviously) and i need help or else i have to beg for a new phone (im only 12 yes im smart for my age) or wait for october when the nexus 6/moto x+1 comes out

Default Re: Broke my nexus 4

At this point the only thing I can think of would be to flash factory images. You can find a guide on how to do so here: [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

it makes no sense to me or my frend

btw it made me sign up this is my android central account now

Quote Originally Posted by CharcoalTorkoal View Post
    it makes no sense to me or my frend

btw it made me sign up this is my android central account now
    The first thing I always tell anyone when they get involved in rooting a device to delete bloatware or run custom software (ROMs) is to do your homework and research all the terms and associated apps and services involved with rooting. Otherwise you end up somewhere along in the process, stuck and looking for help because you weren't properly informed on what you were doing.

Take some more time to sift threw that thread provided above to flash the factory images. If you need further help after giving it a serious read (few times) and some of your own educating there is plenty of people here to help you.

Good luck
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    UJ95x likes this.

is there any other way to fix it with out spending 2 hours fixing it? im only 12 and it is really complicated

Quote Originally Posted by CharcoalTorkoal View Post
    is there any other way to fix it with out spending 2 hours fixing it? im only 12 and it is really complicated
    Well it looks like you've already tried a few other things. But without the OS you won't be able to do anything. A couple of hours of work (Don't think it should take this long either) is better than a bricked phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2