Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default School Email Set Up for S4

I've been messing around trying to get my university email on either my email or gmail app with the galaxy s4, but have had no luck. I've tried looking through the other forums and doing what they said but I had no luck.
    Thanks in advance.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: School Email Set Up for S4

Is it a .edu email?
    How do you normally access it? School site?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Yes, it's an .edu. I can either go to gmail.com and enter in only my school email before getting redirected to the universities site, or I can enter in a url that bypasses going to gmail.com and goes straight to where I enter in my username and password before getting re-redirected back to gmail where I view my mail.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Can you add your school email as a Google account? Go into settings > accounts > add account and select Google.

It says that my username and password are incorrect. I think it's because when it redirects it to the university site it is still entering the username with the @email.arizona.edu which makes it incorrect.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Pastor View Post
    It says that my username and password are incorrect. I think it's because when it redirects it to the university site it is still entering the username with the @email.arizona.edu which makes it incorrect.
    Is there any other way you can enter it?
    I actually tried setting up my school account just now and I wasn't able to either. Tried IMAP, Google and Corporate with no luck.

Edit: OK, it looks like this is different for every school because they use different servers. I was able to find a step by step setup guide for Android on my school's site. Just do a quick Google search for how to set up "school name" email on Android. I found a .PDF within a few seconds and now have it setup.