Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Wait for Nexus 6 or get HTC One M8

Hi all,

Just looking for some general opinions at the moment!

Would you wait for the Nexus 6 to be released, or get the HTC One M8 today? A couple of days ago I would have instantly said Nexus 6 as I liked all the things I was reading about it, albeit rumours. However, in the past couple of days there has been many rumours and apparently confirmed information about the Nexus 6 now coming with a 6 inch screen, which in my opinion is simply too big. I then looked to the HTC One M8 which looks like a great phone, however it is a few months old now.

What would you do?

Any feedback appreciated.

Default Re: Wait for Nexus 6 or get HTC One M8

I would most likely wait, I personally am in the market for a new phone. While I prefer a bigger screen and the like waiting will provide a much more future proof phone. I have bad experience with HTC, even though they have come a really long way in such a short time. The M8 is a nice phone and is probably one of the better skinned themes to Android. I would wait to at least the closing of this year to get any more info on the Nexus 6, or any other deviced that might catch your eye.

Default Re: Wait for Nexus 6 or get HTC One M8

That's true, it's a hard balance to find.

I would only buy a Nexus or HTC I think. I don't like Samsung's phones and I'm not keen on Sony. I'm hoping that the 6 inch phone will be a separate device to the Nexus 6. I would hate to see them go bigger screen for their flagship phone personally. Around 5inch, for me at least, seems to be the perfect balance of screen size.

I'm on a Nexus 4 just now, which I bought to replace an old HTC that I accidentally smashed, however my contract is now up. I'd never really much heard of the nexus line, or even seen/used one before I bought the Nexus 4, however I absolutely love the Nexus line now. I even bought the latest Nexus 7 a few weeks after it's release after experiencing the 4. So would love to get the next nexus, however I won't if it turns to be a 6 inch device.

Decisions!