To block my phone
How can i block my phone. My airtime provider cant block it as i didn't buy from them. I got it as a gift from my ex girlfriend from USA and dont have receipt of purchase. Now i lost my phone and wants to block it or blacklisted it. How do i do that as my network provider saying they cant block cause i didnt purchase from then
- 07-30-2014, 08:47 AM #2
Re: To block my phone
Do you have the phone's IMEI number? If so, and depending on your country's laws, you can ask any service provider to block said IMEI. That way, the phone will get blacklisted on their system. Unfortunately, you'd have to go to EACH carrier to do this on every one of their systems probably, as most countries don't have an unified listing for these.
Now, if you had enabled Google Device Manager on your phone, you can remotely wipe it, lock it and try to locate it by logging into Google Play via web, and selecting your device in the Device Manager section.
This, however, will become unavailable if your phone is wiped and your account disabled from the phone.
- 07-30-2014, 08:52 AM #3
- 07-30-2014, 04:37 PM #4
- By Sofiboy in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 6Last Post: 07-30-2014, 07:42 PM
- By Kuhinja in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2014, 07:36 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2014, 06:30 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2014, 06:25 AM
- By backwoodswayne in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2014, 06:25 AM