samsung galaxy s5

A

AC Question

I bought the new s5 yesterday and have been told by my service provider namely Virgin that I have to keep my wi fi turned off all the time or I will not be able to receive calls,emails or text messages. They informed me that they only provide 3g and told me convert my phone back to 3g.
Can anyone tell me please is there anyway around this problem with the wi fi as I am really eating into my allowance now.
Many thanks,
Alan.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought the new s5 yesterday and have been told by my service provider namely Virgin that I have to keep my wi fi turned off all the time or I will not be able to receive calls,emails or text messages. They informed me that they only provide 3g and told me convert my phone back to 3g.
Can anyone tell me please is there anyway around this problem with the wi fi as I am really eating into my allowance now.
Many thanks,
Alan.

I can't believe you got that message right. Which country are you in? UK? If they only provided 3G it wouldn't matter what setting you selected.
Do you have a home broadband deal with Virgin? You can surely use any wifi you want. Phone calls are not data.
Need more info.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro