Problems with the "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD Card" error

bandit7319

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've tried looking around online and finding details on this error, and so far nothing that has been suggested has worked! Whenever I try to install larger apps, I get the "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD Card" error. I noticed this last night when trying to install Bloons TD5. After downloading and attempting to install it for a while, I'd get the above error. I then tried downloading a smaller app (Words) and that one worked with no problems. Went back to Bloons, same error. I then tried Monopoly since I know that's a bigger app too, but got the same error above.

The majority of fixes have said to unmount/remount the SD card, but I don't have the option to do that as there's no SD card in my device (Lenovo A10-70). Both the USB and SD Card unmount options are dark/grayed out and unusable. Another forum said to search for an mnt folder, but that doesn't exist on my device. I tried searching within "internal storage" for the culprit file for most people (smdl2tmp1.asec) and it didn't find anything. This also isn't about me not having room - I've got 10.4 GB available. I've tried turning the device off and back on, and also searching in the Play Store's settings to see if maybe for some reason it was trying to save large files to the SD card, but couldn't find a relevant option. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the device only have one internal storage partition, or is it divided into a smaller App Storage partition and a larger "internal SD" partition? If the latter, then is the 10 GB of free space in the internal SD? That might mean there isn't much room in the App Storage partition, which is important because that's where apps have to download and install to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs