- 1 Posts
1 is added to beginning of local area code when I text message
When I send a text message to some local phone numbers I get back an error code from ATT. Part of the problem is that my city uses more than one area code, although all of these area codes are considered local) My ATT samsung phone is adding a 1 before some local area codes and then the text doesn't go through (1-XXX-XXX-XXXX). How can I keep my phone from adding the 1 at the beginning?
- 07-30-2014, 10:47 AM #2
Re: 1 is added to beginning of local area code when I text message
Is it like this with the contact you have saved (with the 1) or just when you even text a new number?
Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
- 07-30-2014, 12:59 PM #3
The #1 is the country code (For the US). That should not be having any effect on the message going through.
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
Galaxy Note 4
- By Neha Malhotra1 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-25-2014, 11:16 PM
- By dgdeivid in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2014, 05:24 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-01-2014, 07:35 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2014, 09:44 AM
- By Gobucks1234 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2014, 09:09 AM