Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Help! AT&T S4, Knox has disabled my wifi/data!

So here's what happened....
    Yesterday I decided to root my phone. That part was successful. I then attempted a flash of cyanogen mod. I didn't get that far though. I made a backup with safestrap but encountered some problems. I finally managed to get the stock ROM back onto my phone (Odin is a life saver) So now I'm on 4.3, not rooted...but my WiFi and data are disabled due to KNOX. When I enable my WiFi, it flashes then immediately switches off, while a KNOX notification says "The device has detected an application attempting to perform actions that are not permitted. these actions have been blocked" and tells me to restart my phone (That doesn't' help). Should I flash a rooted ROM and disable KNOX with the terminal emulator? Is ther a way I can get myself out of this seemingly unending hole I've dug myself into? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Help! AT&T S4, Knox has disabled my wifi/data!

So you're still rooted? If so I would download the titanium backup apk... Side load it.. And disabled Knox.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Unfortunately, no.. The ROM is totally 100% stock...I'm no longer rooted. It's like the thing came right out of the box...besides the Knox issue.

Try going into the application manager to see if you can disable it there. Go under the "all" tab. Mine still show there but they just show as off.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help! AT&T S4, Knox has disabled my wifi/data!-1406743003537.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

The option to disable is greyed out... It is not a device administrator, and it doesn't show up in the app drawer. I've seen tutorials that say to press menu and and click Knox but I do not have that option either.... This is really quite frustrating.