Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxys5

I keep getting pop ups saying I have the horny.adk virus I followed the instructions but I keep still getting the pop up what should I do, should I restore it?

Posted via Android Central App
    AC Question

Default Problem with hornyworm.apk and pop-up ads on my android?

I have an htc one and recently i have been receiving ads from this hornyworm.apk site and I've been receiving pop-up ads on my home screen. I think it is an ad for an antivirus that cost money. Whenever i open snapchat and other apps, that is when the ads and hornyworm ad pop up. I have deleted snapchat (and reinstalled it) and several new apps i downloaded. I have also installed several antivirus apps but they have not done anything to solve the problem. I am taking any suggestions to solve this problem because it is very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Default Problem with hornyworm.apk and pop-up ads on my android?

I have an htc one and recently i have been receiving ads from this hornyworm.apk site and I've been receiving pop-up ads on my home screen. I think it is an ad for an antivirus that cost money. Whenever i open snapchat and other apps, that is when the ads and hornyworm ad pop up. I have deleted snapchat (and reinstalled it) and several new apps i downloaded. I have also installed several antivirus apps but they have not done anything to solve the problem. I am taking any suggestions to solve this problem because it is very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Problem with hornyworm.apk and pop-up ads on my android?

It's probably associated with one of the apps you have downloaded. It's not a virus so the anti virus software you are using won't pick it up.

Try clearing cache and data in the apps you have recently installed. All else fails do a factory reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Galaxys5

Clear you cookies I had a hijacker .. I had the Seth Avazu tracking hijacker on my phone..yes on my phone.. the farthest he could get was to my cookies but that's far enough I thought it was an app for so long so I got rid of so many apps. Cleaned my cookies and it disappeared freakin jerk why don't they have anything better to do ? this is a hijacker that is normally on computers look it up.. below are his links..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem with hornyworm.apk and pop-up ads on my android?-2014-07-31-08-35-38.jpg  

You should clean the cookies as well as your history files on a regular basis. I do it at least once a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Good idea.. I know..I just have so much I go back to in history..I'm lazy I need to bookmark more so I don't need to depend on my history so much.. =)

Default Re: Problem with hornyworm.apk and pop-up ads on my android?

What I did if it was an app when it pops up open the recents tab and hold the
    one that's most recent. Then it will show options. Click app info. From there uninstall it

I did this on a nexus 7 2012 running paranoid android.

Either way it should work on every device