Problem with hornyworm.apk and pop-up ads on my android?

ryan mcgovern

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Galaxys5

I keep getting pop ups saying I have the horny.adk virus I followed the instructions but I keep still getting the pop up what should I do, should I restore it?

Posted via Android Central App

A

AC Question

I have an htc one and recently i have been receiving ads from this hornyworm.apk site and I've been receiving pop-up ads on my home screen. I think it is an ad for an antivirus that cost money. Whenever i open snapchat and other apps, that is when the ads and hornyworm ad pop up. I have deleted snapchat (and reinstalled it) and several new apps i downloaded. I have also installed several antivirus apps but they have not done anything to solve the problem. I am taking any suggestions to solve this problem because it is very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

kingo345

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I have an htc one and recently i have been receiving ads from this hornyworm.apk site and I've been receiving pop-up ads on my home screen. I think it is an ad for an antivirus that cost money. Whenever i open snapchat and other apps, that is when the ads and hornyworm ad pop up. I have deleted snapchat (and reinstalled it) and several new apps i downloaded. I have also installed several antivirus apps but they have not done anything to solve the problem. I am taking any suggestions to solve this problem because it is very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
It's probably associated with one of the apps you have downloaded. It's not a virus so the anti virus software you are using won't pick it up.

Try clearing cache and data in the apps you have recently installed. All else fails do a factory reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Shannon Loyd

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxys5

Clear you cookies I had a hijacker .. I had the Seth Avazu tracking hijacker on my phone..yes on my phone.. the farthest he could get was to my cookies but that's far enough I thought it was an app for so long so I got rid of so many apps. Cleaned my cookies and it disappeared freakin jerk why don't they have anything better to do ? this is a hijacker that is normally on computers look it up.. below are his links..

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-07-31-08-35-38.jpg
    2014-07-31-08-35-38.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 23

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxys5

You should clean the cookies as well as your history files on a regular basis. I do it at least once a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

chochio

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
What I did if it was an app when it pops up open the recents tab and hold the
one that's most recent. Then it will show options. Click app info. From there uninstall it

I did this on a nexus 7 2012 running paranoid android.

Either way it should work on every device

Brandon Case

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I have seen this before. It is usually an advertisement that you get on Ad.fly telling you to download an app to get rid of the "Hornyworm.apk". If your not root, applications can't install other applications behind your back.

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
actually u just say that the ad say your device need to be rooted. nah rooting can cause a serious problem pros: you can delete system file,run few app that modify something like game and the negative side is your system cold be broken and there wil be some problem like bootloop and etc. if you root your phone but you not install super user app/busybox you cant use the root function soif you install su app and your device rooted be aware because it can modify your system. thx for reading

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair