Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Galaxy play store app disappeared - for good

Had google play apps disabled for long time on my Galaxy wifi-only Tab 10.1. Upon every reconnection, google bitched about being disabled/wanting updates. I ignored. Recently, skype wouldn't start after an "update available notice", kept going into restart and reinstalling update. So I disinstalled skype, and wanted to reinstall, connected to google account, enabled google sync, and cannot find the google play app any more. Don't know what i did -- play books, play games, etc., are all there. On the www play store, it lists skype and other apps i earlier tried installing as "installed", and when I re-install, it says "congratulations [app] will soon be installed on your device". Nothing actually installs. Rebooting to no avail, Not using Samsung account to date -- would that help? what options do I have but back to factory setting after tedious backup.

Global Posts
    8,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Galaxy play store app disappeared - for good

I'm assuming you re-enabled the Google Play Services/Apps again. I don't see how you could have deleted the app if you are not rooted (are you?). If that is the case and you did delete the app you're going to have to ref lash the stock ROM to get the Play Store app back.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan