Galaxy play store app disappeared - for good

A

AC Question

Had google play apps disabled for long time on my Galaxy wifi-only Tab 10.1. Upon every reconnection, google bitched about being disabled/wanting updates. I ignored. Recently, skype wouldn't start after an "update available notice", kept going into restart and reinstalling update. So I disinstalled skype, and wanted to reinstall, connected to google account, enabled google sync, and cannot find the google play app any more. Don't know what i did -- play books, play games, etc., are all there. On the www play store, it lists skype and other apps i earlier tried installing as "installed", and when I re-install, it says "congratulations [app] will soon be installed on your device". Nothing actually installs. Rebooting to no avail, Not using Samsung account to date -- would that help? what options do I have but back to factory setting after tedious backup.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming you re-enabled the Google Play Services/Apps again. I don't see how you could have deleted the app if you are not rooted (are you?). If that is the case and you did delete the app you're going to have to ref lash the stock ROM to get the Play Store app back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae