Cox email access with GS5
I just moved from an Apple 5s to a GS5, and I cannot access my Cox email via the Cox email website (webmail.cox.net) or by setting up an email app on my phone. I've tried several email apps, including K-9, which is suggested by Cox. I've followed instructions from the Cox site and even suggestions from several Android forums. I am still unable to access my Cox email. In every case I get an authentication / invalid username or password error. I know my username and password are correct because I can login to my Cox email via the web or Outlook with them.
Help, please! I love this phone but must be able to access this account.
- 07-30-2014, 03:58 PM #2
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cox email access with GS5
These are the settings I've tried with K-9 and the Android email apps:
Enter your incoming and outgoing server information, Username (do not enter @cox.net), and Password and tap Next after each prompt:
Type Server Port (Secure for Mobile)
Incoming POP Port: 995 (SSL port for pop.cox.net)
Outgoing SMTP Port: (Choose one)
587 with TLS enabled
465 with SSL enabled
Note: If you select port 465, you must enable SSL.
Be sure to enter only the first part of your Cox.net email address. Do not include "@cox.net" in the username field.
Has anyone successfully set up Cox email on the Samsung S5? What app are you using?
- By ryan mcgovern in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 12Last Post: 02-05-2016, 09:22 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-13-2014, 06:56 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-30-2014, 03:45 PM
- By spawn9859 in forum LG G3Replies: 4Last Post: 07-30-2014, 01:06 PM
- By ManiacalMF in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2014, 11:45 AM