Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default How can I turn off unwanted lockscreen buttons

I want my lockscreen to be a lockscreen. I want no possible way to take unwanted actions when the phone is locked in my pocket. Specifically, when the phone (Galaxy S5) is unused in my pocket, it comes on by accidental press of the Home key or Power button and then it accidentally presses buttons of the Audible app or the Music app to start playing music or voice or to skip chapters or whatever. The only way past my lockscreen should be pattern unlock, swipe unlock, or fingerprint unlock (whichever I choose). None of those things can happen accidentally in my pocket. I didn't ask for extra buttons on my lockscreen, but the apps don't have a way to take them off. The original purpose of a lockscreen was to prevent accidental button presses, but now many apps want to put a button on the lockscreen for added "convenience". Fine for those who want it, but these buttons aren't convenient for me. I want them gone or disabled.

A bonus would be to disable the Home button on my Galaxy S5 from the lockscreen. I don't want it to ever have any effect when the phone is off. This would be the case if it were a software button instead of a hardware button as on my last phone. The power button (which is harder to press accidentally) should be the only way to get to the lockscreen.

Is there any way to make the lockscreen be a real lockscreen again?

Bruce

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: How can I turn off unwanted lockscreen buttons

The only "button" I've seen on the lock screen was the camera app. Anything else would have to be setup by you.
    You can always set up a PIN/Pattern so that the apps can't open accidentally.
    You can't disable hardware buttons without root AFAIK.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan