Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default att lg optimus pro rooting

hi
    im new to this I am trying to root my lg optimus pro..the phone will go into recovery just like it says but there is no option to install zip file.i get a missing file error at the bottom like error f11.it has been upgraded to kitkat it is a e980.if anyone could help I would sure appreciate it.

Default Re: att lg optimus pro rooting

If you are properly rooted, then go to play store and down load an app call 'freegee'. It's the easiest method I know of to install the recovery, both cwm and twrp. BTW, how did you root your phone?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The phone is not rooted .I downloaded the kitkat toolkit from internet.The instructions say to use sidebar to install zipfile.When i get to that part i dont have that option

That is because you don't have the recovery, side load is a part of the recovery. To install the recovery, you need to root your phone first. If you want to root your phone, this is the easiest method. Click on below link to download rootmaster. Since the program is written in Chinese, you should watch rootmaster video first, just do a search on youtube. Because att locked boot.img file for security on the newer phones, rooting methods from earlier may not work. Once you're rooted, get freegee from the play store and install the recovery, then you can down load the kk zip file and flash it to your phone.

http://www.mobilepoint.us/2013/10/an...l#.U9XRXYfwJGo

Just click on the down load link that begins with "vroot". Let me know if you have problems.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk