Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Hey guys so I've had my LG Optimus F6 for about a year and have had my SD card about 6 months. Just recently whenever my phone turns off or dies all the apps that were on my SD card won't reinstall. This is becoming very frustrating because I then have to remove them and then reinstall them!! Is there a problem with my SD or the phone? Or is there a way I can reinstall them easier?? Is there a way to keep this from happening??

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: SD or phone problem? PLEASE HELP!!

Welcome to Android Central! The easiest test would be to try another SD card, and see if the same behavior occurs. An easy workaround would be to avoid having the phone die, which is not a good idea in general, because it puts the battery at increased risk of total discharge (which means it's irreversibly dead). There's really no reason to power a phone completely off these days either, so just put it to sleep when you're not using it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It only dies every once in a while other times my I go to use my camera and it says SD card not mounted so then I turn it off and try that way if not I actually have to reformat it

If your SD card does that, it could be a bad card, or the phone's SD slot or interface might be faulty. Trying a different SD card would help to sort that out.

In the meantime, you could consider installing SD Insight, which can tell you the details of your card, and let you know if it's actually what it says it is. Counterfeit SD cards are somewhat common these days, so if the app tells you something radically different than what's on the card's label, it's probably a knockoff.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Awesome thank you!