Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Issues with Sound/No Warranty

Hi!

A few months ago I brought a brand new (Basically) Galaxy S4 from Metro PCS. It was for a T-Mobile Carrier- it was sort of like an open box item. Nothing wrong with it or anything. I LOVED this phone, but just the other day it started acting up.

The problem- No sound is coming from any of the speakers even when the sound is turned up. Here is the kicker- when I reboot the phone, the T-Jingle plays, and then the phone freezes for a while. After that, I am back to square one, I have a phone with no sound. So, obviously the speakers work.

I took it to a T-Mobile store. The girl de-bugged it, did a factory reset, and turned it back on. Same problem. But then she stated that I can't get a new phone, because mine is not under warranty.

So, I basically have given up repairing it, so I am most likely going to upgrade to a S5. I don't want to have an unused Galaxy S4 sitting around that doesn't work. I paid big money for it, isn't there a way to recoop it?

My question is: is there a way to fix this that I haven't tried? Is there somewhere I can send it to get it fixed? Or if all else fails- is there a way I can get money from it to put towards an S5?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Issues with Sound/No Warranty

Send it to Samsung, pay the fee, get it fixed

Posted via Android Central App
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Default Re: Issues with Sound/No Warranty

Welcome to Android Central! Even though you said they did a factory reset, try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support. If that doesn't help, you could also try booting into Safe Mode (instructions at the bottom of that article) which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away, then there's something you installed that is the culprit.

Although unlikely, it doesn't hurt to see what happens if you unmount the SD card and remove it. Corrupt SD cards can cause various problems.