ransferring data and apps from a broken nexus 7 to a new unbroken one
How do I do this? I'm having trouble with getting all the apps I had on the broken one onto the new one. I can't find all the pics I put on the old one. I can't find the place to put the ones I did find on the new one. I can't find my documents anywhere. The broken nexus 7 has a smashed screen so I can't access it at all. I can only see the screen with the lock on it. Since I had used this for work and need the pics and docs on it, most of which were not saved to the cloud/one drive, how do I get them back?
- 07-30-2014, 09:56 PM #2
Re: ransferring data and apps from a broken nexus 7 to a new unbroken one
Welcome to Android Central! Reinstalling the apps should be easy on the new tablet--just log in with the same Google account, and any apps you installed from or purchased on Google Play Store will be available to install on the new tablet. The same applies for Amazon Appstore.
As for recovering photos and documents, that may be trickier. I assume that although you can see the lockscreen, the touchscreen doesn't register touches, right? You should check out this post and see if it might work for you: A quick guide to accessing a locked phone with a cracked screen.
- By Beka27 in forum VerizonReplies: 32Last Post: 09-28-2014, 10:04 AM
- By boos1906 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 8Last Post: 08-05-2014, 11:26 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2014, 09:42 PM
- By Jasoptix in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2014, 08:45 PM
- By UJ95x in forum Ambassador Guides, Tips & How-To'sReplies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2014, 08:12 PM