Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SIII Mini many issues

Hey my cousin has a Galaxy S3 mini and at first it had issues with reading the sim card. It would be able to read the sim card then just stops working after about 5 minutes. The phone was then left in her glove box for a day and started working fine. Till recently, the sim card started having issues in that phone again. The simcard works fine in any other phone with no issues. And now there are battery issues. The battery will be full then randomly it would say battery low and shut off. Usually taking the battery out and putting it back in fixed it till it randomly dies again. It's a very annoying issue any advice or information needed I'd gladly accept and provide! Thank you!

Default Re: SIII Mini many issues

Welcome to Android Central! The battery might be failing--has she tried a new one?

Another general thing to try is to boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Wow thank you for your quick response. We have not tried a new battery yet mainly wanted to avoid that well she did. Will do if we have too. I erased that cache and she'll be testing the phone out tomorrow. I'll respond back with more info when possible. Thank you again! =)

A quick and dirty test is to remove the battery, place it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But even if it doesn't spin, it's worth trying a new battery.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Where should I go to get a new battery? I see some on amazon for about $13 but I don't know if it's reliable.

Amazon is decent, but you're right, it can be tricky to know if the battery or the seller is legit. Amazon is pretty good about returns, though. To be safe, make sure the seller is either Amazon themselves, or some kind of trusted Amazon seller.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I ordered a battery from Amazon, so I'm waiting for it to come in.she's still having battery issues.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

The battery came in and the phone is working great, but the phone lost signal again and had to be put into airplane mode and out of airplane mode to fix it. Will update if anything worse happens. Thanks for your responeses.