Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Missing the stock calendar from my gs3 :(

I've never posted a question before, but I'm super frustrated with my new phone! I recently got the new gs5. I really loved the stock calendar app on my old gs3. And I cannot find that app anywhere on the play store or anything that's similar. It won't let me copy the app to the SD card, I can't s beam it, and I can't think of anything else to try. Please, any help I would appreciate!! Thank you! !

Default Re: Missing the stock calendar from my gs3 :(

Welcome to Android Central! Stock apps from a phone two generations back don't always get included on current phones in the same incarnation. They might get modified, and sometimes they get completely eliminated. I don't have an S5, so I can't check--what Calendar app comes with your S5? Is it the Google Calendar app, or is it a newer Samsung Calendar app that is different from the one you remember on the S3?

I suppose you could check the Samsung Apps store, but chances are you won't find the exact S3 calendar to install on your S5. What features of the S3 calendar do you miss? There are lots of 3rd party calendar apps out there, so there might be one that fits the bill for you.

Default Re: Missing the stock calendar from my gs3 :(

In some markets, including US apparently, S-Planner is replaced with Calendar. In the UK I have both. The S-Planner that was also on my GS2 displays some text in entries in monthly view and on its widget.
    Both S-Planner and Calendar can display and sync Google and or Samsung calendars, and both have My Calendar which is a device calendar that syncs with Samsung Kies on a pc.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
    Thanked by: