Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 Youtube Sync

Hello all!

My question is regarding the Youtube app. I have had my Samsung Galaxy S5 for 5 days now and have had no problems until today. I pulled up a Youtube video to watch, the video played for 4 seconds before the video locked up. The audio was still going, but the video is frozen for a few seconds until it starts playing again, however out of sync with the audio.

It does this whether or not I am using network data or on Wi-fi and only stops when I restart the phone. I haven't actually had the phone off or done any restarts since I first bought it.

My question is: Is this simply what happens when the phone isn't restarted or turned off periodically? Has anyone else had this happen?

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Youtube Sync

Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen with any YouTube video, or just that one? Does the same video also do that if you watch it on your laptop's browser?

Try going to Settings>Apps>All‚Äč, select YouTube, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try again.

I have the same issue. Video will without fail freeze after 30 seconds of play whilst audio continues whether I'm on wifi 4g or 3G. Don't think I had this problem prior to the recent update. Cache and data clearing doesn't resolve the issue. Seems like a few a reporting this problem in reviews on Google Play.

Same problem here, is it the new update? They need to fix this

Same exact problem here. Just started happening a few hours ago. It's getting extremely annoying.

Hello I have problem regarding to the utube utube is been not playing on my fone

I also have the exact same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hello all!

My question is regarding the Youtube app. I have had my Samsung Galaxy S5 for 5 days now and have had no problems until today. I pulled up a Youtube video to watch, the video played for 4 seconds before the video locked up. The audio was still going, but the video is frozen for a few seconds until it starts playing again, however out of sync with the audio.

It does this whether or not I am using network data or on Wi-fi and only stops when I restart the phone. I haven't actually had the phone off or done any restarts since I first bought it.

My question is: Is this simply what happens when the phone isn't restarted or turned off periodically? Has anyone else had this happen?
    Guys...it's not big problem...use wipe catch partition ..using power and volume buttons