my galaxy note 2 security

A

AC Question

My galaxy note 2 is driving me crazy i use to have a pin to unlock my phone but trying to disable this i have now moved up to the password pin and i cannot get to change it my clear credentials in not available, i do not have a email account that can control my settings. all i want to do is swipe my phone to unlock it. Can anyone help will i have to do a reset of my phone ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't understand what you're asking. You're trying to disable the PIN security and change to swipe to unlock. If you go to the Secutiy settings and select the option to change the security, it will ask you to enter your PIN first, so that the phone knows you're the correct person to do this. This process shouldn't progress to another password PIN.

Usually, if you fail the unlock password/PIN too many times, it asks you to verify your Google account. Are you saying you never associated this phone with your Google account? It might be best for you to bring your phone in to your wireless store and see if they can help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2