galaxy note 2 question

mandy154868

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
my screen recently got broken on my galaxy note 2.... i would like to know how to hard reset the phone using a lap top....due to not being able to use the phone screen....everything lights up when i touch the screen....but the screen itself....also what do i need to replace on the phone with it being like that....i do not want to order parts for my phone if they are not needed.... thank you so very much.... any help is appreciated

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
my screen recently got broken on my galaxy note 2.... i would like to know how to hard reset the phone using a lap top

Assuming the broken display is the only thing that's defective while all the rest is still functioning, and assuming you want to hard reset it to remove all data before you turn it in for repairs:
on the laptop surf to the Play Store, login with your Note's ID and password, install the free app AndroidLost on your Note (remotely and wirelessly).
Then, on your laptop, surf to AndroidLost.com, login, and wipe the Note (also remotely and wirelessly).

what do i need to replace on the phone with it being like that

An entire screen/display assembly.

i do not want to order parts for my phone if they are not needed

That sounds as if you're planning to DIY. But from your questions I get the impression you're not familiar with either the problem or the repair procedures. In that case I strongly advise not to tinker yourself because that would very likely destroy the Note, but to get it to a pro repair shop.

mandy154868

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much....my brother does phone repairs professionally....he is just deployed and will be home in the next few weeks....just want to have everything for him to fix it by the time he gets home....he had asked me to figure out what was wrong with it and get everything needed by the time he got home....so no personally i do not know what is wrong or how to fix it....my brother just hasnt had time to tell me....so i figured it was just easier to ask people who knew how to figure those things out for advice.....it is very greatly appreciated....and again thank you so very much