Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Dropped my S3 and now I got a pink screen of death.

This morning I was going to drop my sister off at a Middle School "orientation" thing, and while I got into my car, my phone dropped face down. I mean, of course the day I go without a case. Anyways, the drop made the battery pop off, too, and so I didn't bother turning it on because my sister would be late. I came back and was going to call my work so I had to turn my phone back on. It wouldn't turn on, so I took out the battery and put it back in and it started to turn on. Nothing was on the screen, but the notification light was working. I thought to just turn it back off and then back on because sometimes my phone does that. It's a quirky phone. Anyways, I turned it on the second time, and the screen was black but this time with a thin green line in the upper half of the phone. I put it down to see if when it was fully on it'd just go back to normal. I waited for like 10 minutes, and then the whole upper 3/4 of the screen is PINK. But I could barely make out my lock screen but the phone's touch screen was unresponsive. I powered it down, as any desperate person would do, and decided I'd hold it up to the light to see if there was anything wrong with the black part. Underneath the first "layer" of glass there is a thin crack near the bottom of the phone that goes almost the whole way across. Then next to where the notification light is above the ear-piece thing-y there is a crack. I had to replace this phone last year in July/August (I don't remember) because of a crack across the camera. I think I have Geek Squad protection on it for 2 years when I got my phone from Best Buy and it's still in the first-ish year, maybe a few months into the second. Would Geek Squad be able to replace it? Or fix it? And if I can, would I be able to save my contacts, at least? I'm heart broken because I have a lot of good pictures from concerts on my phone. I mean I have no idea what to do. It's a Samsung Galaxy S3, and I've had it now for a little over a year. I think I already know what's going to happen because I have the worst luck with phones, but I really don't know what to do. Help me!
    (sorry for the length!)

Default Re: Dropped my S3 and now I got a pink screen of death.

A new screen and your good to go and your info is 100% safe i promise you